Sunday, January 6, 2008

After a very busy semester, I’m hoping that I can actually get back to some scrapping, crafting, and memory-keeping. But first, I have to tackle ... the pit. The pit is of course my little, tiny corner of the world where I try to create. And right now, it is a pit. It’s supposed to be my “secret haven,” or at least that’s what my framed primitive embroidery art calls it... I can't bring myself to put the frame on the wall until it feels more like that. It’s not much of a haven right now. Perhaps a hovel?

Took two great classes yesterday from Wendy Vecchi at my LSS, and I do mean great classes. Wendy just got back from Ranger U. Need I say more? Check out her amazing blog here.

Hoping to take a class from Linda Cain at the same LSS. A great framed piece of collage art. So I hope it fits into our schedule! Check out Linda’s equally amazing blog here.

Just having a few hours to sit and play yesterday made me feel like tackling the pit. So that's where I am today. Tackling the pit. I can't even bring myself to post pictures of it's pitlike qualities right now. When it's over, I'll post "after" pics. And then I might just have to sit and play with some distress inks and crackle paint and try out the ideas from Wendy's classes...

4 comments:

Martha said...

LOL Ann! I have a pit too - but I conquered it last night! I hope it stays conquered for awhile.

Linda M. Cain said...

Ann,
Didn't we learn soooo much?!?!? Well, I love the stuff we did and the candy always helps. Hoping to see you on the 19th...it's always great to get with artsy people!
Linda

Linda M. Cain said...

We sure missed you, Ann. The class was sooooo great. I was so proud of everyone's results. And they were all completely finished and happy...at least they said they were!!! HA!
Maybe next time!
Linda

Tricia said...

Ann, you've been TAGGED by ME! Check out my blog my sweet friend! Love ya!